- Tuition is a continuing charge for a monthly rated class or classes.
- Tuition payments are due the week before the upcoming month. Auto-pay clients will be billed around the 23rd for the upcoming month.
- For non auto-pay clients, payments not received by the 8th of the month will be charged to the credit card on file.
- Declined payments or accounts with no payment information on file will incur a $20 late fee.
- Tuition fees are non-refundable or transferable.
- Tuition fees are monthly based (not weekly), regardless of how many lessons per month. Some months may have 5 lessons and some months may have a holiday.
- No tuition adjustments or credits are given for missed classes.
- Automatic Payment: Preferred method of payment is Automatic Payment, meaning your monthly tuition payment will be automatically charged to your credit card on file. Automatic debits shall be charged around the 23rd of each month for the upcoming month of dance instruction.
- All other fees, e.g., choreography, costumes, private lessons, etc. will be charged when incurred.
- Manual Tuition Payments: We accept Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, cash, check, and debit cards with a Visa or Master Card logo on them. Manual payments are subject to late fees. A $25 fee will be charged for returned checks.
Upon class enrollment, students are expected to complete the dance year. Fourteen (14) days notice preferable in writing, is required to discontinue any class. Your account will remain active, until withdrawal procedures have been acknowledged by Pure Vibe Dance Center.
Studio Etiquette & Policies
- Upon entering the facility, a positive and professional attitude is expected by all students and family members.
- Students and family members must be respectful at all times to other students, parents, and faculty members.
- No BULLYING of any kind, student, parent or other, will be permitted and could lead to expulsion. Kindness and respectfulness is expected of everyone at PVDC.
- Profanity, gossip, and disruptive behavior will not be tolerated at Pure Vibe Dance Center.
- Students must be ready and properly dressed for class before entering the classroom.
- No shoes worn outside are allowed in our dance studios!
- Please use restroom before class, to avoid a loss of class time.
- Use locker room for dance bags and belongings. Pure Vibe Dance Center is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Inform a teacher or front desk before taking a child from class.
- Students are expected to be in class every week.
- Knock before entering the classroom, if a class is in progress.
- Please drop off and pick up children ON TIME.
- Siblings must be supervised, kept under control and safe.
- NO smoking inside the building or in the front entry.
- Fitness customers must check-in at the front desk before class.
- Proper classroom etiquette is essential to the education and training of dancers.
- Be prompt to arrive. Late arrivals disrupt the class and cause the late student to miss important warm up exercises that could lead to injury.
- If a student needs to leave before class is over, he/she must ask to be excused by the teacher. Please do so discretely so as not to disrupt class.
- No gum chewing, eating, or drinking is allowed in the studios. Water is okay.
- No cell phones during class in the studio. They must remain in the locker room.
- Always show respect to teacher. Eyes and attention must always be on the teacher. If student is disrespectful to teacher, student may be removed from class.
- Be appreciative of corrections and earnestly apply them.
- Be kind to your classmates. Displays of temper and disrespect are unacceptable. Bullying will not be tolerated and could lead to expulsion from Pure Vibe Dance Center, this includes patents bullying instructors/staff of either Pure Vibe Dance Center or Illinois Ballet Academy.
- Do not leave behind hair pins or ties, water bottles, or clothing. Be sure to take all of your belongings.
- Consistent attendance is expected. In order for your child to progress and benefit the most from their training, participation is required.
- No refunds or tuition adjustments are given for missed classes. Make-up classes may be scheduled and taken within 2 weeks of the missed class. Make-up classes must be taken in the same level as the student’s current class.
- Absenteeism affects the entire class and group choreography. Students are responsible for knowing the missed material by consulting a classmate or scheduling a private lesson.
- Classes will begin promptly at the scheduled time. Students are expected to be on time, in proper attire, and prepared for class.
- If an injury is reported that has been diagnosed by a doctor, dancer must take 3 mandatory days off the dance floor after diagnosis. Pure Vibe Dance Center is not responsible for personal injury or re-injury, but we want to keep our dancers safe and insist that teachers are told of injuries so they are handled appropriately. Students may sit and watch class so as not to miss choreography or technique theory. There will be no refunds for class missed due to injury.
- Progress depends mostly upon how students approach their learning. It’s all about attitude!
- Participate with positive energy!
- Focus, work hard and earnestly apply corrections
- Practice, Practice, Practice!
- Repetitive practice is essential for steady progress and refining dance skills.
- Practice is probably the most under-rated aspect of a student’s learning. Those students who practice, invariably show more consistent progress than those who do not.
- Upon registration, class placement is determined by age, physical development, and level of previous training. A student may be asked to be evaluated to be approved for a certain level/class.
- Over time, class placement will be based on class participation, attendance, progress, attentiveness, ability, attitude, and consistency.
- All placement decisions are made, strictly regarding the best interest of each individual student.
- Class placement decisions are at the discretion of the teachers and the Artistic Director of Pure Vibe Dance Center and Illinois Ballet Academy.
- Each student progresses at their own rate, and not that of their friends.
- Two students of the same age and years of experience may have completely different capabilities.
- Negative issues regarding class placement will inhibit a student’s progress.
- Students placed in their correct level become solid in their technical training.
- Dance levels are not like grades at school. Students may remain in the same level for 2-3 years before they are physically and mentally ready to accept the challenges of the next level.
- Student class placements are evaluated consistently throughout the year and all students will receive a written evaluation at the end of our Recital year to register for Summer/Fall Classes.